On Christmas morning take a few minutes and watch the video below
After watching the video read the Scriptures
John 3:16 | For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
Philippians 2: 3-18 | Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
John 15:12 | This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.
Matthew 5:16 | In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
After reading, spend some time with your household and talk about the scripture and discussion questions.
- Why do you think God would give his only Son so that you could have forgiveness for your sin?
- What did Jesus give up through his birth as a man & death on the cross?
- What does loving others like God or Jesus loved you look like?
- How can you love and give to others in a way that brings God glory?
- If we really love others like God does, is it enough to just give them presents, food, or help? How can we go a step further and give them the gift of knowing Jesus?
After talking about the Scripture and how it applies to your life, do some of the activities provided or come up with your own things to do.
- Grab some candy canes, bake some cookies, or write some Christmas cards. Include John 3:16 and deliver your goodies and/or cards to your neighbors today as you wish them a Merry Christmas.
- Did you know a lot of people have to work on Christmas Day? Deliver some hot chocolate or baked goods to those working and be sure to incorporate the gospel in your giving! (Tip: Check out police & fire stations, hospitals, hotels, gas stations, and some grocery/drug stores).
- Give your time to a nursing home or hospital and visit with some residents/long-term patients. Sing carols as a family, ask about favorite Christmas traditions, and be sure to include how your family celebrates Jesus at Christmas!
- Continue giving even after Christmas is over. Check with your church, food shelters, or brainstorm with your family about other opportunities. As you give of your time, talents, or treasures, include your testimony and how following Jesus has transformed your life!
Give THE GIFT that lasts an eternity