Who did you forgive this week? What did you learn from doing this? How hard was it?
- What does being a light to others mean to you?
- What are some practical ways you are a light to those around you?
- How do you usually respond when angry or frustrated? (blow up, withdraw, lecture, unkind thoughts/thoughts of revenge, etc.)
- How does anger hide a person’s light and make them an ineffective representative of the gospel?
- What are some areas you struggle with anger or frustration with others (i.e., a person, teacher, school requirement, sibling, rules, injustice, etc)?
- How do you think your testimony is affected (or your light hidden) in those situations? (Is someone being stifled in their walk or driven away from the gospel?)
- The Bible says to be angry and sin not. How will you change your response when you’re angry so that you don’t sin (in thought, word, or action)?
Come up with a strategy you can use to help control your response to anger. This could be a verse, prayer, an action, etc. Put it into practice this week and be ready to share the strategy and your experience next week.