What was your strategy to deal with anger? How did you use it this week?
- What is greed? Intense selfish desire for something
- What are some ways you struggle with greed or what are you greedy over?
- How does greed hide your light?
- We saw from Saul’s life that greed can also ruin our testimony and cause God sadness or regret. How could greed keep you from experiencing God’s full plan for your life?
- 1st Samuel 15:22 tells us that Obedience is better than sacrifice. What are some “sacrifices” we use to rationalize that we are ok with God and to cover up our greed for our time, money, friends, sin, etc.?
- What are some areas in your life you need to completely destroy to be obedient to God rather than being greedy to your fleshly desires?
- Since obedience is better than sacrifice, what are some things we know we should obey that can help us conquer the battle against greed and to uncover our light?
Spend some time this week in prayer to God asking him areas in which he want you to give up, so that he doesn't regret giving you gifts. Be prepared to share the things with small group next week.