What are some areas in your past that God worked through some storms in your life? What did you learn from them?
- What is forgiveness?
- What are somethings that have happened to you that you have a hard time forgiving? Maybe you say you forgave someone for it, but deep down you still hold on to it. (insult, a lie, stabbed in the back, etc.)
- What are some ways we can work on forgiving others?
- Talk to them openly about it
- Read the Bible.
- How many of you can’t forgive yourself for things?
- Feel out your group and make a decision on whether to push this topic a little further. This is going to be an emotional subject for some kids and we don’t want to hurt them if they don’t want to say something in front of others.
- How does not to forgiving yourself for past mistakes impact you?
Like Brenan said tonight, Satan finds ways to break us apart and separate us from Christ. Every time we obey and we truly forgive someone or ourselves, it is one less place where Satan can get in our life. This week challenge yourself to forgive someone for something you may be holding on to. If that means telling them that you have been holding on to it and you now forgive them, do it.