How were you led to be transparent in your life this week? Did the Lord show you those places where you were hiding from others?
Do you ever feel okay to rejoice in the little things in life?
Discovery Questions (digging into the scripture):
1) How are we to let the Lord know what is going on? Why is it important to be done in such a way?
- Philippians 4:6
2) What does Paul mean when he says in verse seven that the “peace of God…will guard your hearts and your minds”?
1) What are some ways we can rejoice in the lord in every situation?
2) What does it mean when Paul says “The Lord is at hand?” How does this affect the life of a believer?
3) According to Matthew 6:25-34, how are we supposed to respond to worry and anxiety? Is this a normal response for you?
4) Being that the peace of God is beyond all understanding, does that mean that we are not to pursue it? How does this impact how we view God?
5) Is it fair that this promise seems to be conditional in nature? How is this different or the same from the God you believe in?
Spend some time this week coming up with three ways you can rejoice in the Lord. After a time of rejoicing, write a small journal entry about how you felt before, during, and after this outward rejoicing.
1) Pray for those times worry and stress show up, that their first responses would be to take it to the Lord in prayer.
2) Pray that throughout all of life’s situations, they would be able to see God for who He is and know that He is good and there is something to rejoice over.
3) Pray for the ability to continue in their obedience of the Lord so that they both get a clearer understanding of who God is as well as have the God of Peace with them.