This week we launched a vision for the new school year.
BE THE ONE TO CHANGE 1
Sometimes we see the need which seems so large we run away in fear. But the truth is if we start small then we get to sit back and watch God work and huge ways.
Between Fenton, Lake Fenton, Linden and Byron school systems there are 5475 students who need Jesus. How we make disciples of all of them and the thousands that come after them easily becomes a daunting task. But what if we started small, what if we chose to BE THE ONE TO CHANGE 1?
- What would happen if you chose to BE THE ONE TO CHANGE 1?
- What would the impact be for you and all those after you?
God has commissioned us in Matthew 28 to,
"go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you."
- How can God use me make disciples?
- Who is God calling you to disciple?
- Has God already laid someone on your heart to reach out to this year? What are some ways you can purposely reach out to them?
- Why do you think it is important for you to reach out to other? Why can’t you just sit on the sidelines and let other students, leaders, and pastors handle outreach?
- What are some different ways you personally can impact your school or other areas of influence this year? Think about your gifts, talents, personality, hobbies, workplace etc.
- What are some ways we as a small group can band together to engage the people around us this year?
Pray and ask God to show you who you should reach out to this year. This week, take the first step towards that and be ready to share about what you did next Wednesday!