- We all get excited about a vision because we know what the end goal is and it excites us.
- But the work ahead is very difficult, and sometimes unfruitful
- What will happen, and what will you do if you pour your life out for someone and they choose to fall away from the truth?
Last week, we encouraged you to BETHE1 to change one in your schools and areas of influence. The challenge was to pray about whom God would have your ‘one’ person be and to take the first step in that relationship.
- Did God show you who your ‘one’ should be for the school year? If so, who is it?
- For those of you without a person yet, what will you do this week to work towards identifying someone?
- How did you take the first step in reaching out to this person this week?
- What are some of the challenges you might experience as you try to engage this person with the gospel and discipleship?
- What might your response be if a person you reach out to is resistant to the gospel?
- What will you do if they say they accept it, but then their life doesn’t change or they start to fall away?
- How can we as a small group support each other this year when we our quest to “Be the 1” gets tough?
- Continue praying for and loving on the person God has shown you as your “one.”
- Think of a way you hang out with them personally this week (i.e., coffee, at lunch, invite over, doing a hobby, etc) to begin building a relationship with them.
- Consider events you as a small group can do that can help them ENCOUNTER Christ.
- Invite them to “Hayride, S’mores, and more” on Oct. 9th @ 6pm and/or to Wednesday night Encounter.
- Be ready to talk about it next week!