Sometimes we don't think that the small decisions we make in life amount to much of anything. Things like the decisions we make everyday, the time we spend doing things, the desires of our heart, what we think about, etc…
But ask yourself the question, “Where would I be if…” and fill in the blank with memories of both good or bad things. Where would I be if I didn't break free from that sin, or where would I be if I had followed the will of God?
Ephesians 5:17 says, “Don’t act thoughtlessly but to understand what the Lord wants you to do.”
So I ask the question again, “Where would you be if you applied Ephesians 5:17 to your life?”
How did you engage your “one” this week? Did you hang out with them? Invite them to anything? Did God provide any cool opportunities with them this week?
- What are some “small things” that you foolishly overlook or think don’t matter, but look back and realize they truly do matter?
- Why do you think you act carelessly in these small matters?
- Do you think these “small things” matter to God? Why?
- What are some areas you need to start acting wisely in?
- How can you start acting wisely in these little things?
- How will living carefully in regard to the small things we mentioned earlier help us make the most of every opportunity for the gospel?
Walk with integrity in the small things this week. Ask the Holy Spirit to provide the reminders you need so that you don’t compromise, even in small ways. Ask God to use your walk as a witness to others this week!