Many of us have bought something at a store or online and had it shipped to your home that had that sticker on the side, “Team Lift.” For some of you, you scoffed at it and tried to pick it up and carry it on your own while you pulled a muscle. For others, you grabbed as many people as you could find, often grabbing people who were no help.
Whichever side of the coin you find yourself on, we find ourselves doing similar things with our spiritual life. We look at a burden that we are carrying in our life and we either ask the wrong people to help us with it or we try and do it all by ourselves. Either way, that burden just sits there in our way, dragging our faith down with it.
- Why do you think it is important that we don’t live out our Christian walk alone?
- In what ways do we need other believers?
- What gets in the way of you having meaningful relationships with other believers?
- What parts of this can you change?
- Do you tend to find yourself trying to do things on your own or asking people for help who are not helpful?
- On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is “non-existent” and 10 is “growing and full of life,” how would you rate your spiritual walk/relationship with God right now?
- What is going well?
- What needs to improve?
- What would you say God is teaching you right now?
Next week we are going to discuss our struggles and our triumphs as a group. Spend time this we contemplating the areas of your life where struggles and triumphs are present. Come prepared next week to share with those who can help you carry the load.