Believing that God can use you and do incredible things in your life is great. Dreaming up crazy ideas of how you can be used by God to disciple others is even better! But if you never do anything about it, then you are just wasting your time. Believing and Dreaming require a follow through - ACTION. James says it this way, Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.” Your ACTION shows your BELIEF. Your ACTION is a step of faith and obedience that leads to fulfilling your God-given DREAMS.
- Review: What is at least one ‘big DREAM’ that God has laid on your heart this past week? (This could be for spreading the gospel in your current context, for overcoming habitual sin, or for your future).
- When Jesus healed a woman with a blood issue, he said, “your faith has made you well.” Her Faith showed in her action— Doubt would have changed her future!!
- What areas of your life display doubt right now? (For example- not sharing your faith because you doubt God’s ability to provide salvation or to give you friends if you’re rejected).
- In what ways can you move forward in action to show your faith?
- What does your ACTION plan look like to reach that goal?
- What ACTION is required in your SPIRITUAL WALK? (For example- in Scripture, prayer, Church/Small Group involvement)
- What ACTION is required in your RELATIONSHIPS? (For example- giving up friendships, mentorship/accountability, being bolder about your faith with friends, being an example to those around you).
- What OTHER ACTION steps are required? (Overcoming sin may require specific steps like avoiding certain people, places, activities, media, etc. For future goals, grades may be a consideration. For sharing your faith, memorizing a verse, praying for the person, or inviting them to church/a youth event may be steps to take.
Have FAITH that God desires to use you in big ways. Don’t be afraid to DREAM big! But don’t stop there; put your faith into ACTION this week by taking at least one specific step towards those goals.