We witness the burning bush- God’s power, and like Moses, we eagerly shout, “Here I am God!” We are filled with excitement as we stand in awe of God’s power and are eager for Him to do something that powerful in us. But when God reveals His desire to do something that powerful through us, we protest like Moses- “God, who am I to …” do this big thing? I’m not ready. I’m not the guy/girl. No one will listen. So & so would do a better job. Our insecurities, like Moses’, hold us back and can even keep us from fully realizing God’s power in our lives.
- Moses was quick to question his worth for the job (3:11), ask the “what-ifs” (4:1), and to highlight his weaknesses (4:10). If the Lord calls on you, what excuse do you give about your fit for the job?
- How is related to your insecurity?
- How are pride and insecurity related?
- What pride issues do you see in your insecurities?
- How has insecurity kept you “oppressed” or impacted your life?
- How has it affected your walk with God?
- How is insecurity connected to a lack of faith?
- How can you overcome insecurity so that you are ready when God calls on you?
- 2 Cor. 10:5 (NLT) - We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture [our] rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
If our fear and insecurity keep us from allowing God to use us, we keep people from knowing Christ. As pride and insecurity issues surface this week, take your thoughts captive and remind yourself that God has chosen you to proclaim His name (1 Peter 2:9)!!