How Far is too far? As we grow up the opposite sex becomes enticing. We wonder what it like to see, touch, taste, etc… But this curiosity finds us in a place where we are asking the question of, “how far is too far,” rather than the question of, “how can I honor God with my relationship?”
- How do you view the opposite gender? How would looking at them as your brother/sister in Christ change your perspective?
- The world says, “Its my body, I can do what I want.” How does 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 compare to this idea?
- What does glorifying God with your body look like when it comes to purity?
- What “loopholes” do you use to justify lust?
- I can look if I don’t touch
- As long as we don’t go all the way, its ok
- There’s no one else involved, so its okay
- Everyone else is doing it
- So and So did it and they’re following God
- Matthew 5:29 & 30 make it clear that purity is a fight. How are you fighting for your purity, or what needs to change?
Purity is impossible without a plan. Fight for your purity remembering the CPR method.
- C—Confess you struggle. To Christ and Accountability
- P—Pursue Righteousness
- R—Repent/Remove opportunity to sin
Forget the loopholes and make purity, or honoring God with your body, a priority in your life.