If I asked you what is the most important act of worship to Jesus what do you think it would be?
Is it reading your Bible, Praying, worshipping, going to church, giving your money, etc…?
Jesus paints an entirely different picture of what it means to worship. In Matthew 9 he says
“Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.” Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”
Who do you know who is “sick?” Who needs the great physician? How are you worshipping God by going after them with the help that they need?
- Who do you know that needs Jesus?
- What have you been doing to reach them with the gospel of Jesus Christ?
- Praying for them
- Sharing the gospel with them
- Inviting them to ministry events where the gospel will be presented
- What is the connection between your effort to reach them with the gospel and your worship of the Lord?
- How can I, as a parent or ministry(email@example.com), support and help you reach them with the gospel?
- Providing an relational/fun/gospel event
- Drive them to an event
- Attend your events they are at
- Meet with you guy and them to answer questions
- Visit them in time of need (Hospital, sick, etc…)
Let’s work together to win your friends to the Lord! Make your act of worship this week all about sharing the gospel with the sick. They need to know the great physician. Let’s make an action plan and hold each other accountable to reaching out to someone specific this week.