Every single day we are faced with the decision whether we will do something so that we are accepted by the group. Maybe it is to tell a white lie or to partake in some sin that we know is wrong but we do it so that we won’t feel like the outsider. But what does Jesus call us to do in our lives?
- Do you feel pressure from the world to be accepting of things you know are against the Word of God? Give some examples.
- What things in your life do you do to try and be accepted?
- i.e. listen to certain music, swearing, dress a certain way, watch certain things, etc.
- What are the positives of trying to appease people? And the negatives?
- Why do you think it’s so hard for us to live our lives to please God and not man?
- What are some ways we can get better at living our lives for God and not others?