What are you letting your mind be filled with? No one knows what is truly going on in your head except you and God. It is easy to live a life of hiding behind our “good” actions, but it only lasts for so long. If we crack the door to sin, it will push the whole door down. We need to be casting out all evil thoughts and filling it back up with Godly thoughts/ scripture
- Would you be comfortable if all of your thoughts were shown to the rest of the youth group? (Remind them that this is not for guilt, but to just realize what needs to change)
- What types of thoughts fill up your mind?
- When is it easiest for your mind to be filled with BAD thoughts? (being alone, bad friends, after certain media)
- When is it easiest for your mind to be filled with GOOD thoughts? ( being at church, praying, reading/reciting scripture)
- How will you change your everyday life to make sure you are filling your mind with good/godly thoughts?
As you head into summer, make real changes to be on guard. Don’t just be reactive, be proactive. Prepare your mind by memorizing scripture.