In what areas did God speak to you about greed and your full obedience to Him? What action did He call you to?
What is pride? Feeling superior, being conceited or arrogant
How does pride keep you from being a light for Christ?
- Elevates self, not God
- Selfish desires and motives
- Disregards others
In what areas of your life do you struggle with pride. Note- not being able to be vulnerable or admit areas of weakness can be a pride issue.
What is false humility? Low self-esteem, feeling inferior, thinking poorly of oneself
How does false humility keep you from being a light for Christ?
- Diminishes God by diminishing His creation
- Feels useless/worthless (Paralyzing them so they actually are)
- Anxious and insecure about the opinion of others
- Tendency to be a people pleaser
- In what areas of your life do you struggle with false humility?
As representatives of Christ, how does our pride or our false humility influence the view the world has of Jesus?
What does true humility look like?
- Ready to serve
- Mindful of others needs
- Not consumed by the opinions others hold of you
- Balance of knowing your strengths AND weaknesses
Ask God to show you the areas in your life that you struggle with pride and/or false humility. Begin replacing those behaviors with true humility to reflect the true nature of Christ. Be ready to discuss what you learned or how you struggled next week.