Sometimes life is hard! You get a bad grade you didn't deserve, your best friend hurts you, someone dies that you love dearly. Things don't always go the way we plan or want them to go, but God uses the things of this world for his glory and and to perfect us in our faith.
- When has trusting God been most difficult in your life?
- Hypothetically, is there anything ‘so bad’ that could happen that it would shake your faith? (Loss of a family member, paralysis, loss of all physical belongings, loss of identity, etc).
- Why do you think God allows us to experience these hard things?
- How can you trust Him, no matter how difficult, how dark, or how impossible your circumstances seem?
- In what ways do you need to exercise your trust in God this week? (Inviting someone to church, ending a friendship that is pulling you down, sharing the gospel, giving up a sin addiction, etc).
Even though bad or hard things happen, they don’t make our God any less good. Practice trusting Him even in small ways this week. When you are tempted to give up because its hard or scary, trust Him and push forward anyway. Be ready to tells us about it next week.