How were you intentional in your mission, “Loving God, Loving others and making disciples”, this week?
1. Where does the temptation to sin come from?
Our own desires (James 1:14)
2. When does the temptation become sin?
In your mind/heart (Matthew 5)—when we stop and dwell on it (Ps. 1)
3. What role does satan actually play in our temptation to sin?
He is crafty and causes us to twist what God’s word says (Gen. 3)
4. When we are drug away by sin, how is our relationship with God impacted?
We feel far from Him and there is a block in our relationship (Col. 1:21)
-Do any of you feel this way now? Far from God or like there is a block in your relationship?
5. Because temptation is rooted in our desires, each of us struggles with different things. What are some temptations you struggle with repeatedly?
6. 1 Corinthians 10:23 tells us that we are allowed to do anything, but not everything is good for me or beneficial. Some things actually bring harm to our walk with God. Thinking about the area(s) you are tempted the most, what are some things you’re ‘allowed to do’ but are not actually good for you, because they are harming your walk with God or causing to fall to temptation.
(Example- Struggles with lust but doesn’t censor the movies they watch).
Ask God to show you the areas where He is far from you in your life, where you aren’t letting Him in because of sin. What desires do you have that are dragging you into sin? Ask God to show you the things you are doing that are making your battle with sin even more difficult and be prepared to begin fighting against them.