Often we live waiting for ‘the future.’ We dream about what could be or how things will be different when our situation changes. “Once I’m done with school,” “After I move out,” or “when I’m married…” Even when we aren’t looking ahead, we are tempted to look next door at what the people around us are doing. We are tripped up with thoughts of “If only I had their…” or “If God gave me….” The grass is never greener on the other side. The healthiest, most vibrant, and most fulfilled live happens we we are living out who God made us to be, right where we are at.
- What “one day” are you waiting for? (What are you hoping will change?)
- Who or what do you look at and say, “If I only had what they had…”
- Why do you think God has given others what looks like “greener grass” instead of you?
- What are you missing out on right now because of your discontentment?
- 1 Cor. 7 said to continue living in the situation the Lord has placed you in. What is your current situation? (As a child, sibling, friend, student, employee, Christian, etc)
- How can you faithfully fulfill God’s purpose for you right where you are at, right now?
Stop living for a day or circumstance that may never come. Instead, ask God to show you His plan for today. Don’t waste another minute. Make the most of every opportunity, being exactly who God made you to be.